After the attack on French weekly Charlie Hebdo in Paris, the Indian Muslim Ekta (Unity) page on Facebook attracted some comments from Indian Muslims approving of the attack. Following is a selection of these comments made by Muslim youths:
* Naseem Ahmed – facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005342387014 – wrote in Roman Urdu: “allhamdulillah.bahut nek kaam kiya subhaanallah.dil khush ho gaya” [“All praise be to Allah, extremely pious work was done, all praise be to Allah, heart is gladdened”]
* Sohaa Ali – facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008409370258 – wrote: “very good news”
* Tauqeer Ahmad – facebook.com/touqeer.ahmed.7739 – wrote in Roman Urdu: Nhi ye glt tarika h kuraan hme ye nhi shikhata ki hm.kisi ka khon kre [“No, this is the wrong way; the Koran doesn’t teach that we should murder someone”]
* Sara Khan – facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008708640162 – wrote: “Very good”
* Aadil Pathan – facebook.com/rehanpathan.aadil – wrote in Roman Urdu: “beshaq ye to hona hi tha….today m so happy……… Aakhir charli abdo uske anzaam tak pahuch hi gyi….:-P:-P i’m proud to b on i.s.i.s….:-*:-*…..really thats so great tanzeem” [“Without doubt, this had to happen; today I am so happy. At last, Charlie Hebdo has reached its conclusion. I am proud to be on ISIS; really, it’s a great organization”]
To request a full copy of this MEMRI Jihad and Terrorism Threat Monitor report, send us an email with the report title, number, and date in the subject line, and include your name, title, organization, and official contact info in the body of the email.